Azure Kubernetes Service at Speed with Biqmind
This 2-day workshop will introduce how containers are deployed and managed on AKS and explore working on the platform. Participants of this workshop will gain theoretical knowledge and benefit from hands-on experience in Kubernetes design, deployment and management on Azure.
Kubernetes has emerged as the leading container-orchestration platform for automating application deployment, scaling, and management. Enterprise users struggle with immature supporting tools, challenging security configuration, a steep learning curve and complicated infrastructure.
Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) is a managed service offering on Azure by Microsoft. With AKS, you have a robust, hosted Kubernetes environment to easily deploy and manage your containerized applications without the need for deep container orchestration expertise.
Who should attend
- Developers, Architects, DevOps teams
- Number of participants: Max 10
- Location: Customer premise or hosted
- Basic knowledge of containers
- Knowledge of terminal clients and remote operations of Linux systems over SSH
- Access to a Microsoft Azure account
- Laptop for hands-on lab
- Introduction to Kubernetes and AKS
- Kubernetes high level architecture
- Configuration of sandbox environment on Microsoft Azure
- Overview of Kubernetes concepts
- Hands-on lab and exercises for creating Pod, Node, Deployment and Service
- Concepts of environment variables, connectivity and storage on Kubernetes & AKS
- Hands-on lab and exercises on secrets, network policies and persistent volumes
- Concepts of stateful applications, logs, pod design in Kubernetes & AKS
- Hands-on lab and exercises on readiness and liveness probes, logging & monitoring, rolling updates & rollbacks in deployments